Monday, January 9, 2012

Spicy Mexican Chicken Breasts

I pulled a few things from the freezer and pantry to put this tasty dish on the table tonight.
I thawed some boneless chicken breasts from the chickens we processed in the spring.(I also made a mental note that we are running close and may need to up the number we process this year.)
I grabbed a jar of salsa that I made during the summer. I diced a few jalapenos, also put up this summer. Next, I processed the end pieces from bread made earlier this week in the blender with chili powder and cumin. I grated some pepper jack cheese and beat a fresh egg in a bowl.

To assemble:
Wash and pat chicken dry. Dip in egg and then in bread crumbs. Pan fry in a bit of butter & olive oil on each side until brown. Transfer to a baking dish and top with salsa and jalapenos. Bake at 375* for about 25 minutes. Top with cheese and bake until melted. I served it with steamed rice and re-hydrated black beans bought from our coop in bulk.


No comments:

Post a Comment