Monday, January 23, 2012

Kale Casserole

This was delicious!

Wash kale and tear into bit size pieces. I probably had about 16 cups or so. I placed the kale in a large pot and added about 1 1/2 cups of water, covered and cooked until tender. When done, I placed in a strainer to drain. In the same pot, I sauteed onion in a bit of olive oil until translucent. Then I added 4 cloves of minced garlic and cooked a couple more minutes. I stirred in 2 tablespoons of flour and cooked another couple of minutes. Then I added about a cup of half 'n half, maybe a smidge more and cooked until thick. Lastly I added about 4 ounces of cubed Havarti cheese. (Any soft cheese would do though) and stirred until melted. I stirred the drained kale back into the cream sauce and once thoroughly combined, put it in a casserole dish. Top with fresh bread crumbs and bake at 350* for 25- 30 minutes until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment