Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Lamb Bolognese

Yesterday my son had the cooking channel on and I caught Micheal Symon's show. I don't normally watch it but when he mentioned lamb, my ears perked up. His version of Lamb Bolognese and kale salad were a bit more sophisticated than the homestead recipe I created. (And I am sure his was just a tasty too! ;o)) I really appreciated the inspiration and give him full credit for the recipe here. I used lamb from the farm, veggies from the garden and pantry staples to create a most delish dish.

Lamb Bolognese

1 lb. ground lamb
4 carrots
1 medium onion
2 stalks celery
4 cloves garlic
1 pint homemade marinara sauce
2 cups beef stock
1 tsp. oregano
pinch of chili flakes
1 cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
olive oil
Parmesan cheese
3/4 lb. pasta

Brown lamb in 2 tbsp. butter. Pulse carrots, celery and onion in food processor. Remove lamb and saute vegetables in pan. Add minced garlic, saute a bit longer. Add marinara sauce,cinnamon, bay leaf, oregano, chili flakes and beef stock and simmer for 10 minutes. Add lamb and simmer for 25 more minutes.
Cook pasta. Use a large pasta like fettuccine or rotini. ( I used rotini). Drain pasta and reserve 1/2 cup liquid. Toss pasta in sauce, add liquid. Drizzle with olive oil and add a large palm full of Parmesan cheese. Toss once more. Serve alongside a massaged kale salad. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment