Monday, February 27, 2012

Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Goat Cheese

I have to say this was truly an elegant meal. Though it looks and tastes complicated it was easy to put together and the only store bought ingredients were black olives, capers and balsamic vinegar!
I thawed a chicken from the freezer and cut the breasts from the bone leaving the skin on. These were pounded between wax paper and set aside. I thawed out some roasted red pepper and plain goat cheese as well.
I made a spinach filling by sauteing spinach, garlic and onion in some butter. I made a red pepper relish by chopping the peppers and a handful of black olives, some capers and mixed them together with a splash of balsamic vinegar.
Lay the chicken breasts out flat. On each breast I layered the spinach, then the goat cheese and finally the pepper relish, then folded the breast over the filling. They baked for 35 minutes or so at 350*. Our side dish was a combination of roasted root vegetables from the garden. I cubed freshly picked rutabaga, beets and carrots, tossed them with olive oil, salt and pepper and lay long sprigs of fresh rosemary on top. They were roasted for about an hour, uncovered at 350*. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment