Thursday, May 15, 2014

Black Bean Brownies

We are not gluten free around here but I had heard so much about using black beans instead of flour I just had to give it a try. Oh my! Awesome. And so easy! I used duck eggs because I have them and I love baking with them. However, regular work as well.
You will need:
1 15 oz. can of black beans rinsed and drained
3 duck eggs or 4 large chicken eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
Toss all of these in a food processor or blender. I have a Vita-Mix and it mixed in a jiffy. Scrape down as needed and make sure well blended.
Then add:
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 /8 tsp salt
Blend it up and pour in a greased 8 inch square pan. Bake @ 350 for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
I iced them with a cream cheese-peanut butter glaze. I didn't measure too much here but it was about 3 oz. cream cheese, a tbsp or so of vanilla extract, a big dollop of peanut butter whipped together and powdered sugar to taste, probably 1/2 cup or so. Spread on brownies while still warm. Store tightly wrapped in the fridge. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment